Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will see a selection of the most frequently asked questions here at Staffs Safety.   If you have a question that has not been answered here, then please feel free to drop us a mail using this contact us form. Click Here

How much break time Iam entitled to each day?

Adults are entitled to a twenty minute break after six hours.

do I to need to report all accidents to the HSE

Under RIDDOR you must report:

  • Fatal accidents
  • Accidents to none workers
  • Accidents resulting incapacitation for more that seven days


  • Specific injuries
  • Industrial diseases
  • Dangerous occurrences
  • For a definitive list see HSE Reporting accidents and incidents at work

When does CDM apply

CDM applies to all construction and maintenance works.

If a project is longer than 30 days and has more than 20 workers simultaneously or exceed 500 person days, you must notify the project to the HSE.

How much weight can I lift

You know what you can reasonably lift and if its too heavy you need help, you must inform your supervisor. For heavy and repetitive lifting you need to carry a risk assessment.